Monday, July 11, 2011

When Words Don't Come

Have you ever prayed  for something with all your heart and it just felt like Heaven was silent? Man, isn't that hard to take? Or is it just me?...

I am thankful that I can trust my God, and I'm so thankful for His Word, that will not "come back empty." I know God hears my prayers and although the response is silent right now...He will respond, He will keep His promises, and when He does...it will be all for His glory, "that shall be revealed in me." This week has been a real downer! I have been spending some time in Isaiah and I am clinging to what it says in chapter 55:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts....so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:8-9, 11

I'm trusting in the fact that your thoughts Lord are greater than mine. What I think is hard and the way that I think things are happening is not Your way...thankfully! I know that you hear me Lord, your Words are going back to you and they are not going to return empty. I will continue to follow YOUR WILL and can't wait to see what YOU DESIRE from these circumstances, the purpose you have to be achieved, because I know that "this present suffering is not worth comparing to the glory that shall be revealed in me," Romans 8:18. Sometimes I feel so crushed that I don't know what to say, I just know things are not going at all like I feel they should. The way I so desire for them to be. "But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." Romans 8:25-26

So even though I feel like the heavens are silent, "what, then, shall [I] say in response to this? If God is for [me], who can be against [me]?" Romans 8:31

I am thankful for this circumstance, this trial, as I see it because I know, "that in all things God works together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28. I love him with every part of me and I am called to His purpose - I can't wait to figure out what that is...patiently I will serve Him, no matter what is not happening =)

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Stacy, when I find myself in this place, all I do is recite The Lord's Prayer! over and over! sometimes just do not know how to pray! but girl~ God is Faithful! and He will do what He said He would do! Keep Trusting! Smile:) God Loves YOu:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kay! =) Hope your week is very blessed!

    ReplyDelete