Anxiety can come into our souls anytime. It often happens in the middle of the night, when everyone else is quiet but your mind is not. There are ways you can mask this problem and get some sleep, but when you wake it is still there, and when you try to sleep the next night...it returns, controlling your thoughts. The only real way to get freedom from this anxiety is the peace of God. At the moment we chose to believe in Jesus we have full access to this peace, that "transcends all understanding." When we are fearful, apprehensive, worried, or terrified,that peace of God can restore us to calm, assured confidence.
Even though life is unpredictable and too often filled with fearful or stressful situations, God says that we don't have to live in anxiety. This peace is can be given to us every time with we praise God and give Him thanks. It's best (I have learned over and over) to do this the moment we sense anxiety or any stress begin to control our thoughts. Then continue to praise and thank God until we receive that peace and the anxiety leaves. His word tells us to focus on what is "excellent" - I think of this like counting my blessings. So at 1AM when I am stressed, tearful, and overcome with anxiety I focus on my most recent reminder of God's love and His perfect Will, Rozlynn Faith. I focus on the fact that I have her and that makes things much better. I focus on my sweet Reese, my husband, and my family. Then I thank God for them and for the circumstances that I went through to get where I am today, in the midst of this overwhelming anxiety. Try it and you'll experience greater peace than you have ever known. Trust the Word of our Creator and you will be able to find contentment in every circumstance, even the tough ones where you can't comprehend how you will make it through.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." Philippians 4:6-8, 11
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment