Since I am at home with nothing to do but sit and "rest" I watch a lot of TV, and I love watching Rachael Ray. This past was waffle week on Rachael Ray - finding new ways to use your waffle iron. She did brownies, pizzas, sandwiches, all sorts of yummy things. You can find it on her website:
http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/
When Chris and I were in Italy the food and wine were one of our favorite things! Okay, we probably didn't have a favorite thing because ever bit of Italy was amazing!! However, we savored and devoured many yummy things; the best places to eat were little pizza/sandwich shops on the street. Chris loved the calzones. Here is a photo of one from a restaurant in Rome...it just can't be duplicated!
Rachael Ray did a spin on the calzone in the waffle iron, the wazone, and it looked so good. Now, I did not have the ingredients on hand that she had, but I did have some left over meat, sauce, and cheese from homemade pizzas and a can of biscuits.
This is what ended up in my ever growing belly and it only took about 7 minutes in the waffle iron. It was pretty darn good!
Next time I will use pizza dough, ricotta cheese, basil, tomato, and mozzarella cheese but this was all I had on hand.
Experimenting with the waffle iron is really fun and just might become a new hobby of this pregnant lady!
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (Oct 26-Nov 1)
18 hours ago




No comments:
Post a Comment