Saturday, April 17, 2010

Why I love teaching...

Yes, I WANT to have more kids than one. Yes, I think it is unfair. Yes, I hate when teenagers get pregnant. Yes, that is all selfish! Yes, there is a reason for me to say all this.

As we were waiting for the announcements of advancing plays and awards at area competition last weekend. I was sitting admist our wonderful company - all 20 of them - with my little bag full of all their cell phones. They were all waiting patiently for us to give them back...without question, just following the rules.

Then they announced us as the advancing play for regionals...I went onto the stage with Matt to take the plaque. I got on the stage and stopped for a picture and looked out to see all 20 of those kids clapping, smiling, crying, just happy and it hit me. I love them all, I mean...I really love them all and care deeply about what happens to them, about teaching them to be good Christian people. I walked back to our seats, looked back and told them all how much I loved them. We were then waiting for our critque and they asked to go out and take a picture.


We got outside and had them all lined up for a nice shot...one of our guys as usual was standing away from everyone...we told him to get in the picture and his response was amazing. He said, "unity - I will not divide our house." This is something we had been preaching to the kids, we stole it from Butler University and adapted it to fit us and what we are wanting to do as a company, here it is:
We will remember:

1. Humility – know who we are, strengths and weaknesses

2. Passion – do not be lukewarm, commit to excellence

3. Unity – do not divide our house, team first

4. Servanthood – make teammates better, lead by giving

5. Thankfulness – learn from every circrumstance

-Butler University

“May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus.” Romans 15:5

“Make every effort to keep unity of the spirit through the bond of peace.” Ephesians 4:3

“And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.” Colossians 3:14

Tell the story...Send a message...Good Show!

He had actually listened, and he got it. Then one of our young ladies asked if we could pray. She said we pray before each performance and I think we owe it to our Father to pray after. Of course we had no objections. So we all took a knee and thanked our Father for our talents, how each of us is unique, but together we tell a story, that others will hear.

We go back into the auditorium and during our critque the judge made a comment that assured us we were sending the right message. She said she knew that, Raja (our main character) was going to be okay because she understood the message that we sent - she knew she would see all the people she lost again, and that her faith made her strong. YAY! =)

The real lesson that I got from all of this. Yes, I want to have more than one kid. What I didn't realize was that I do...I have too many to count.

I have these two amazing little guys:


and I have all of these young adults listening and giving me love:



So, even if I never have another child of my own...I have been blessed with the call to be a teacher, and God knew that I would have so many children to share His love with!

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post! You are truly a Blessing where God has got you planted! I know that your roots will grow deeper as you seek His Will, moment,by moment! Have a wonderful wk-end.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet post! You are making a difference! Teaching is such a wonderful way to minister...I have missed some this year! I am proud of your hard work and the way you love your students. I have always said that I love those "light bulb" moments when you see a studnet finally "get it". I thought is was cool when they learned a new word or how to use scissors...but how much more amazing to see them "get" the real truths in this life! Keep up the good work friend!

    ReplyDelete