Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Headband

Thursday 4/29/10 7:15 AM


Reese would you please pick out your breakfast! You have 5 minutes left to eat or you won’t get breakfast. Yes, I will pour your Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

7:22 – Yes Reese, I’m trying to fix my hair. Okay, give me a hug. You’re cold? Well, if you would put your clothes on like I told you to you wouldn’t be cold. Hurry, we are going to be late.

7:30 – Go get your shoes, you are a big boy. Yes you can wear basketball shoes. Could you please ask Dad to help you? I’m trying to get ready.

7:33 – Really Reese? I’m trying to use the bathroom. Go get your black shoes then, sit on the couch, and I’ll put them on for you.

7:40 – Reese! Hurry, we should be gone by now. Stop crying about your shoes. They are supposed to be tied tight. Now, get your backpack so we can go. Yes, I packed your lunch.

7:44 – go get in your seat…of course it’s warm in the car, the air isn’t on.

7:46 – I’m getting water and will be right back, do you need anything at the store?

7:50 – Yes, it took long; I had to stand in line. 7:52 – unbuckle your seatbelt, and get your backpack – let’s go! We are late!

7:53 – I’ll walk you down in just a second; I’m moving my desks around because I have to give the TAKS test today.

8:00 – You ready for class? Okay, get your backpack and let’s go down.

8:01 – Reese grabs my hand as we are walking down to his class. “Mom?” Yes, Reese. “You’re the best and I love you also.”

8:02 – My heart melts. I love you too Reese and I think you are the best. [KISS] Have a good day!

8:10 – Really, why did I have to get this group of kids. I can’t stand looking at them for 4 hours. URGH

8:20 – TAKS breakfast…I hate this! I hate some of these kids!

9:00-9:30 – Reading, Reading, Reading mandatory script from TEA “I can help you only with questions about directions…if there are no more questions, you may begin.”

9:35 – Headband catches my eye. That’s cute.

9:41 – walk around room

9:43 – Is he really reading to himself that loud? He is so annoying! URGH I HATE TAKS!!

9:50 walk around room

9:53 – You can’t open a coke – don’t huff at me – take that up with TEA, not my rule!

10:00 – walk around room

10:03 HEADBAND

10:04 – Reese, headband, Reese, headband, student I can’t stand

10:06 – He is someone Reese. I bet they are nervous today. Look at each student – think about them… “give me your eyes…”

10:10 – walk around room

10:12 – headband “give me your eyes so I can see…” headband/students/headband “everything that I keep missing, give me your love for humanity”

10:15 – How many students are taking this same test right now? How many other teachers are frustrated, stressed, exhausted, and on edge because of this? God knows, He knows how each student will do. He hurts that they stress, He wants to be called out to. He understands us teachers, our thoughts and stress. He loves us all.

10:20 – Headband – its white – purity, clean, free, forgiven! Thank you Father, for forgiving me of this horrible attitude.

10:23 – I see Alyssa (sweet girl I care a lot about) she sighs, raises her hands in frustration and rolls her eyes – she squeezes her shoulders…this is hard for her. Father, give her peace and focus. She is yours.

10:25 – headband – it shines, do I? Have I? Do they know I love them? I really do, even when they annoy me, I love people, and does it show? Lord, I want your love to be radiant through me.

10:30 – shoot! I haven’t “actively monitored” in a while…

10:31 – walk by the headband – it has rhinestones…

“The Lord their God will save them on that day as the flock of his people. They will sparkle in this land liked jewels in a crown. How attractive and beautiful they will be!” Zechariah 9: 16-17

The headband, it holds the hairs that are numbered on her head. He knows the number of hairs on her head, his head, hers, hers, mine…Reese’s.

10:37 – Yesterday Lord, I asked for an attitude adjustment. I got it today from that headband. I want to be white – clean from my sins, the things that separate me from you. Thank ou for your forgiveness. I want to shine; I want other to feel your love just from being in the same room as me. I want to show that peace and overwhelming security. I want to have jewels to be attractive in your eyes, in my heart and most importantly lately….my mind. Reese – does he feel your love from me? Am I teaching him to see others as you do?

This morning…wow – all I showed Reese was frustration and stress I didn’t teach him to put others first as you do. I was concerned about my own desires. He was the one who put me first. “Mom, you’re the best and I love you also.” STUPID STACY!!! Headband – forgiveness! Thank you!

Lord, thank you for having that young girl wear that headband today and be in my room, for the TAKS test. It [the headband] opened my eyes and gave me that change in attitude I needed.

11:00 – Barncastle looks in…and yes I am still actively monitoring….

2 comments:

  1. God speaks in the most wonderful ways...when we are willing to listen. Headbands...sticks...I am glad to know I am not the only one who thinks all of those kinds of crazy things in my head!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Made my day!

    ReplyDelete