One night while playing Bunco with at the church, I sweet lady shared a story about how she had declared a red bird - Jesus. I know it sounds weird at first but stay with me. She declared that every time she saw a red bird she would know it symbolized Jesus - watching out for her. A way to keep her always remember that He is always there. She told stories of numerous times when she saw the red bird -at night and in many other moments when you normally would not see a red bird, and how it was always at the time she needed to remember the her Savior was with her. She challenged all of us do to the same, we didn't have to use the red bird, but pick something that we didn't commonly see everyday.
Needless to say, I thought it was a neat idea, so I did the same, with the red bird. The other day while on my morning run, I saw the red bird - it was 5:45 am and still dark, but it was there. I had not thought about the red bird since the first week or two that I heard the woman's story. The moment was really powerful, I knew that my Lord remembers that I declare the red bird to be a sign for me to think about Him being with me, and it was powerful to be consumed with the thought.
This got me to thinking...how many times has that red bird been around...on a electric wire while I am driving - at my window while I am teaching - on a tree while am running - in the backyard while Reese is playing ---- the red bird was there, but the real question I had was how many times did I miss seeing HIM? I hope to take time to see the red bird this week - to find Him in the little moments where so often I forget to look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I had almost forgotten about that story...thanks for the reminder! I hope you are having an awesome 3 day weekend!!
ReplyDeleteGreat post Stacy! Thanks for reminding me to look for Him today!
ReplyDelete