Sunday, August 30, 2009

Divine Simplicity

"From heaven the Lord looks down and sees all mankind; from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth - he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do. No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength. A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save.
But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine."
Psalms 33: 13-19

Does anyone else find it out to trust the divine simplicity of our Savior? Why do I find myself repeatedly failing to trust or to see His protection? I want to be the kind of woman who can TRUST her Savior and take a leap of faith, without even thinking twice about what if I fail...I want to be so close to Him that we are one, and when I take that leap of faith, it is already set ahead of me. The thing I forget, is that it is still set whether I trust and take the leap of faith or not, He loves me that much - "he forms my heart" and "considers everything [I] do." "the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love." It is so hard to find myself worthy of such a powerful God, to rap my head around his "unfailing love" for me and for you.

Remember today as I have that He will take you out of the "famine" in your life, he will keep you from "dying" TRUST the divine simplicity of your Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment