Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Sweet Woman

"Carry each other's burdens and this way you fulfil the law of Christ" Galatians 6:2

I have shared this verse before but this week I saw it in a new light. With four consecutive trips either to Austin or back home from Austin and the end of the pay period God gave us a blessing.

I fellow teacher, who I have NEVER met in person. (We have talked over the phone, but she came in January and I have been out since October, so we have just never met face to face.) Anyway, I got a call from her on Thursday when driving home from Austin. I was completely exhausted and trying to think about what I could scramble together for dinner. Rhonda told me that she had a home cooked dinner in the middle school refrigerator waiting for me to take home! She said it came with lots of love and lots of prayer for me and my family. Wow, what an incredible blessing - she has never met me, but felt compelled to bless me and my family - to carry our burden. (I wish I was that way, it is really easy for me to help carry the burdens of those I know, love, and have a relationship with - but someone I have never met, would I do the same?) I must say the roast, potatoes, and carrots were much better than french fries I had at home.

So many people have blessed us during probably one of the hardest 6 months of my life - all of these people I am eternally grateful for and pray that they will be blessed for what they have done it has been their love and support that have got us through some dark days. However, Rhonda just blew me away - the Godly impact that gave me was overwhelming. I truly felt it was God giving me that dinner, letting me know that He would provide for us. It was just at the right time, this week has been hard - I admit that I have felt like I was not going to be able to do this anymore, that I would not make it to the end of the pregnancy. The simple meal from a very sweet women was just what I needed to be reminded that I don't have to do this alone - God is with me and with Him I will make it until April 21, 2011.

Yes, Dr. Willens let me know Friday that he is planning to deliver Rozlynn Faith on April 21 - unless something happens between now and then. I can survive the next six weeks if I keep my focus and continue to let God speak to me through the love of others. =)

My greatest desire is to repay these blessings to others one day, to share God's love through my actions like so many have done for my family.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Stacy! what a sweet surprize that was, and perfect timing I might add! But it was God's timing! wow! 6 wks~ yeah you can do it~ no doubt that God has brought you thus far~ not gonna let you go now! And if I could I would make you dinner, so just hang in there, You're going to be fine! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete