Our Savior will never leave us nor forsake us, His word promises us this truth.
Why is it so hard for me to trust this truth? Why do I want to do things on my own? Do you ever feel like you want to run away and go back to things that you know, things that are easy, comfortable, safe? I know God knows these feelings that I am having, He knows everything about me. I just find me asking the question - why can't I trust His plan?
If I'm being honest I will admit I hate being so disconnected from everyday life. Moving to a new place and only being "involved" for 6 weeks is so hard. I hate that I'm not at my job, getting to know my co-workers. What I hate most is moving Reese from a place where he was content, he was so happy, he didn't worry. I'm angry that I'm not at school to get to know other parents and families to find friends. I get angry every time I get sick, angry every time I stick myself or a sore forms (I can't deliver with an infection). I pray that I can lead my family to seek the one who is always with them and promises to never leave. I know God has a plan for my family and I know that it was in His plan for us to move and I trust Him 100%. We are so blessed with Rozlynn and I know that moving was a part of what it took to bring her here to us. The staff we work with now are so kind and I enjoyed being with them for 6 weeks. I am so thankful for the support that has been given to Chris from his co-workers this year. I know God is in control and I trust Him. I also know that it's okay to get angry, becuase He already knows what we are feeling. I have found that when I am honest with my feelings and thoughts to my Savior, He comforts me. If you are keeping feelings inside I encourage you to be honest with your Father, He already knows and the honesty will only bring you closer to Him.
For now I am clinging to His promise to never leave us and clinging to the comfort that provides.
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you...The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Deuteronomy 31: 6 & 8
"No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you." Joshua 1:5
"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'" Hebrews 13:5
Thank you to a friend who sent this verses my way, she is a true blessing to me!
Monday, March 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi! Stacy, you ask, why do I feel this way?...it's because you are Human, and I love your Honesty because thats what we need is to be honest with us and then God! I myself have been feeling down, the past few days, but I am determined to beat it with the Rock of my Strength! and finding this scripture after reading your blog, even helped me! Psalm 10:17 says.. (Lord, you know the hopes of the helpless. Surely you will listen to their cries and comfort them.) and Psalm 94:19 says... (When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.) I Am praying for you, Sweetie! I loved the 2nd one!! Have a great evening!
ReplyDelete