Monday, August 2, 2010

Lack of Joy

"So don't get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time." Galatians 6:9

When we are discouraged are we feeling weary because we are doing good or are we feeling weary because of our lack of good? If we are doing good then we really shouldn't be discouraged based upon the promises of Galatians 6, right?

I have been trying to focus on joy this week and last week, but I have been overwhelmingly discouraged. Sunday at church the pastor was talking about how if you are lacking joy maybe it is because you have not imputed enough from the Word. He went on to talk about how we will get back what we put in, if we are really 'hiding his word in our hearts' then it will come back to us when we are crying out for it.

Maybe instead of searching for joy and what it means I should be searching Christ and then joy will be given back to me "at the appropriate time." Not that I am not searching after Christ, but maybe I am not doing enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment