Last week God spoke to me in a big way. Whenever we lost our baby in March it was in the middle of One Act Play season, those kids walked with me through it all. I got to tell them that I was okay with what happened, I knew it was God's plan for our family. I also shared with them that even though God hadn't blessed me with mulitple children of my own, He had given me all 20 of them to love. I really care deeply for each of them, and want the very best for them...just as I do for Reese and my nephew, Nathan.
Well, Wednesday of last week they did the most incredible thing for me. I hadn't told anyone about my feelings about Mother's Day becuase I felt selfish and pretty stupid. Anyway, we were having a pep-rally for all of our remaining state-qualifiers and they made and announcement for one act play members to meet in the corner of the gym. I had no idea what this meeting was about and as I was walking over I was thinking about how sad it was that this season was over, these kids mean so much to me and I will miss all of them.
They then asked for me to come forward and they encircled me. They told me how much they loved me and how I had meant so much to them, and that they wanted to present me a gift for Mother's Day..(I'm crying just typing this and it has been almost a week since it happened). They got out this big pink envelope and I knew what it was. On one of our many trips on the bus we stopped at a gas station and there were this gigantic Mother's Day cards, I told them how I liked them and helped some pick them out for their Moms...I knew they had gotten me one as well. I began to cry infront of all of them and in the gym with everyone around..this was big becasue I don't hardly ever cry in public. They all hugged me and each of them told me something so sweet about what I had meant to them. I even got a monogramed notepad holder for my one act play notes. God answered my prayer that day, it is okay to be sad, but I have a purpose and I am getting the chance to love many children. Those kids have no idea they were a part of an answered prayer, but they have forever touched my heart.
Here are some pictures from Mother's Day weekend. Mom and I went to the State OAP Contest and shopping in Austin on Friday and Saturday. We came home on Sunday and had lunch at Katie's then went to Diane's house for dinner. It was a great day spent with the people that mean the most to me. I love my family!
I love you Reese! He is such a sweetheart!
The best Mom in the whole world! We are so lucky to have her..I love my mom so deeply.
This little guy brings me so much joy!
Reese has the best Aunt...ever! I think she is pretty amazing too!
Man am I blessed to have such a wonderful mother-in-law! I love Diane very much and I am so very thankful that she is in my life. Reese has the best grandparents anyone could ask for.








Hi! Stacy, I just cannot believe that these kids can come up with all of this amazing things they do for you!! It sounds that you have been Blessed with those thoughtful kids!and what a joy it is just to hear what they do! I enjoyed pics of your family, I have been so wrapped up with this family thing, of just how Blessed I am to have a family that loves and cares for each other.(even with all the "drama" that is in mine!):). Enjoy Being Blessed from those wonderful kids!
ReplyDeleteThey love you because they feel the love you have for them. Thanks for being such a loving daughter and mother to not only our precious Reese, but to your many students. I love you. Mom
ReplyDelete