Sunday, May 30, 2010

Coming Back...

Just wanted to give a TEMPER update ..

After so great "words of wisdom" from Jenna (a great woman of God), talking with Reese, and lots of prayer (thanks to the Women's Ministry at church I loves those ladies) we are seeing results. Here is the story:

After I witnesse first hand my sweet boy screaming in the face of one of his cousins (so sorry Will and Sondra), seeing that B in conduct for the week, and talking to Reese's teachers and finding out the same thing was happening at school Chris and I had a talk with Reese. We talked about how it was okaky to get mad or to be angry, but that it was not okay to do things with our angry that would make our friends sad. We talked about how he would feel if his friends did that to him. We talked about what we could do when we started to feel really mad. (Reese had a problem being really scared at night, like all kids, and we worked really hard on praying when we woke up scared and tried to memorize verses that told us we had nothing to fear.) We talked about how just like we when are scared we pray for help, when we get angry we can pray for help.

A few days later Reese and I were playing outside one night before bath time and I asked him how school was going and if he had been getting mad at his friends. I asked him if I could tell him about something I did. I told him about getting really angry at one of my students at school and yelling at them, I told him I felt bad for doing that. He said, "Well, Mom when you get mad at school you can just pray to Jesus to help you, that's what I do, and it works." ...

These are the current verses of memory in house:
"In your anger do not sin" Ephesians 4:26
"A friend loves at all times" Proverbs 17:17
"In your anger do not sin" Psalm 4:4

Thanks to all of you who prayed for Reese...his old ways are coming back.  =)

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Stacy, this is just a "little test", with our children. Of course it is with my grands now. I just think sometimes that our children are under a lot of stress, and just don't know how to express it! But it sounds like you are so handling it with Reese, and that God is giving you the wisdom to handle it! I have a 12yr., 9yr.,and 7yr.,old grandchildren and just last night my 12yr.old kinda just expressed himself over not finding his bb glove before he left, I just looked at him real close, and said Kyle you are not being acceptable! just stop and get it together, because this behavior is not good!, but he was so tired that I believe he just lost it, due from the stress of being over-tired! So with all of that said, yes we do have to say it over and over as my daughter puts it! but praise God! for his patience with us! Sounds like you are doing it right!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It blesses my heart to hear about his childlike faith and trust in Jesus. I know it won't be long before he comes to understand salvation and gives his whole heart to Jesus. Thank you for raising my grandson in the admonition of the Lord. Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Stacy, Ok I am so confused!! Sometimes I get this way! So is Katie your sister?, I am trying to figure this out. I don't know if I,m kinned to them, but that would be ok if I am!:)I know we will get this figured out!! How fun is this?:)!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Katie is my sister...LOL =) She is married to Matthew Skinner, his parents are Jan and Dan Skinner who live in Quitman. It would be really neat if y'all were related.

    ReplyDelete