So far this summer Reese has really been into growing vegetables and fruit. We planted two plants and lots of flowers. It has been fun watching how excited he gets each time something blooms. He picked out everything, and as you can tell his favorite color is yellow. He has watered everything, every day...which is surprising I thought this would only last a few days, but Reese has proven to be faithful in what he does...I think it is I who always fizzles out and loses the battle of good intentions.
All of this "growing" has caused my brain to spin..as usual. So many times I have started a journey to deepen my faith and fizzled out...not made it to the end, even though my intentions were pure and real. I think of Reese watering those plants each day...loving to do it, waiting to see them bloom and I think about how Christ is waiting for me to bloom, giving me the chance to be watered each day...but more often than not I sit withering in the sun...when I should be producing fruit from the Son.
I have been stuck on Galatians 5:22, we all know the verse, we all have sung the song, but I can't get it out of my head. I am going to devote a little series to each aspect of the fruits of the Spirit. I am hoping to be watered and begin to see the blooms in my life.
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self control." Galatians 5:22
"For the fruit of the Spirit is in all righteousness, goodness, and truth." Ephesians 5:9
Before I can begin to water each area in my life I feel it is important to note that the word Spirit is capitalized, it is a proper noun. Meaning it is referring to a specific person, place, thing, or idea. Both verses are specifically speaking about the Spirit, meaning God's love, God's peace, God's patience...these come from Him, and can only come from Him. I have to be sure that I am letting the Spirit lead in my life, I cannot control the amount of goodness that I give. I have to be willing to surrender to the Spirit. In order to be able to hear the Spirit I have to be in the word, growing in Christ daily.
I am going to spend the next few days camped out on Galatians 5:22 and Ephesians 5:9 I will seek to find these things in everything around me. I'll keep this updated not that anyone wants to read it really, but it helps me to write it.
However, if you see these verses feel free to share with me. My goal is by the end of the summer to start blooming the fruit of the Spirit in my life and the lives of those around me.
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (Oct 26-Nov 1)
18 hours ago













I love this and I feel the same way! Istruggle with following through. Your insight is an encouragement that I truly needed. Just knowing someone deals with same thing helps.
ReplyDeleteOh! count me in! I just loved this post, Reese is so cute, and I love the responsibility he is showing! and yes! I needed the re-fresher of God's word within my spirit as well today! We will never be able to get all we need! Just day by day, Growing like those little plants is all we need.*Keep up the good work Reese!:)
ReplyDeleteI love you sis, and I am too praying that I bear fruit!
ReplyDelete