Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Powerful

God is so powerful, He has been so good to me through such a hard season of my life.

He continues to provide peace, comfort, and strength for me. This morning I was awakened (at about 4 am)with horrible cramps. This lasted for about 2 1/2 hours and began to decline and ease up...I was also having some other complications that led to a call to the doctor. I was scheduled to go in tomorrow to check the status of my loss but they wanted to go ahead and see me today.

Come to find out I had an infection and some other issues (got some meds for infection and did some blood work), but everything will be okay and things are working naturaly, they way both my doctor and I wanted it to happen.

The God part came in when my doctor asked me if  I was okay...emotionally speaking. Yes, I am okay I kept telling him. I'm okay because of the power of  our God and His ablility to give me everything I need in each moment. I was even asked if I wanted or needed some medicine to help with "all" the pain. No, I'm fine! My medicine has come from the promises of the Word of God. (No, I am not saying I don't take medicine to help with the physical pain.) What I'm saying is I'm okay and I am going to be okay.

Just wanted to thank my God for giving me all that He has given me through this season.

"And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast." 1 Peater 5:10

5 comments:

  1. We do serve a powerful God. Going through hard times like this allows us to know Him in a way we might not have known Him before...that is something to be thankful for in the middle of the raging storm. I am praying for you now and in the weeks to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad things went well with the doctor, and so thankful for a loving heavenly Father that walks with us through every storm. I've been praying that you would feel God's presence like never before. Love you, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an inspiration and a strong woman. Thank the Lord He is always with us through our hardest times. Still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy there you are with that wonderful sweet spirit! I have been praying for you and will continue to do so in the coming weeks. I have added you on my daily prayer list. (GOD KEEPS HIS PROMISES!)GENESIS 9:8

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK Stacy, haven't heard from you, Hope things are going well! Miss your sweet spirit and your encouagement to us! Just to let you know I Prayed for you today! KM

    ReplyDelete