Monday, November 2, 2009

Future Chef ??


"Stop hugging me Dad you are going to make me sick" I heard Reese saying as he awoke from his nap before Fall Festival. I was setting out his Batman costume and getting ready to leave. "Stacy, get in here!" are the words I heard next. As I walked into the room, Reese was sitting on my bad covered in the grill cheese he had eaten for lunch, however the smell was not the same! Chris scooped him up and rushed to the bathtub and began to clean him up. I took off the sheets and began to clean the room, the bathroom, the floor...every place Reese had been. As we finished up the bath Reese looked okay, like maybe he would be fine. "Please Mom can I go to the Fall Bestival?" with lip poked out and all, "I really want to." As I explained to Reese that he couldn't go because we didn't want him to get sick at the festival or make other kids sick, I got a call from Gammy. I was telling her that Chris and I both had duties at the festival and would probably tag team watching him and getting our shifts done. I hung up the phone and with tears running down his cheeks Reese said, "Mom, please don't go to the bestival without me." That was it, I told him I would stay home with him. I then cuddled up with him on the couch and we watched Halloween Dora and Diego. Although he desperately wanted to go the fall festival, he really didn't feel good and wanted to rest. He was lucky enough to be visited by: Gammy, PawPaw, Gigi, Uncle Matthew, and little green monster (AKA Nathan). They brought he candy and lifted his spirits. Really made his night to see them, and Uncle Matthew even brought him some special State Trooper Tatoos.

State Trooper Tatoo - I'm so cool!

This was his pouty/mad face showing his disgust in having to stay home!

We are going on the third day of Reese being sick now. He hasn't thrown up since Sunday morning at about 2:45, but he isn't eating and is really tired. He had some energy this morning and he wanted to make a cake for PawPaw's 50th birthday. I think I have a future chef on my hands. He mixed everything by himself, spread the black icing, I cut out the 50 and helped him get the black icing on it, I did write the Happy Birthday and outline the 50 in green, Reese outline the bottom of the cake, and he even made the dots. He had a lot of fun making the cake, but got REALLY tired afterwards. Here a the pictures of his cake making.

loves to wear the apron


pour in the cake mix


pour in the milk


add 3 eggs


pour in the butter


mix it for 2 minutes


pose for a picture with mom while cake bakes


icing the cake

finishing touches


"look at my edge"


This isn't the prettiest cake you have ever seen, but for a 4 year old it is pretty good. I'm sure PawPaw will love it no matter what it looks like. Reese had so much fun baking and icing the cake - he really did most of this himself, as he says, "I'm really good at baking Mom." I agree Reese!

We are having Dad's 50th at the deer lease this weekend and also giving Reese his very own fall festival. He is going to dress up and Nathan will too. I'll post pictures for you to see after we have the big night.

PS - the shirt was washed and put back on him after being thrown up on Saturday night...didn't notice until just now that it probably looked bad.

4 comments:

  1. poor guy! what a fun mom to put together a personal fall festival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little baker you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a good Mom. And Pawpaw will love having a fall festival on his 50th birthday.
    Not everyone gets batman & a green monster at their birthday party! Gammy

    ReplyDelete